Friday, May 10, 2019

Self-Care Semasa Berpantang

Photo by Anthony Mendoza on Unsplash

I'm on a roll here. I've been blogging for almost daily. Hehehe...

Anyway, I just had this idea of putting things down - I don't want to forget. 

About the subject - I was somewhat taking it easy during my pantang mode post delivering my sweet angel. Earlier even before I was back home in Ampang, I already decided I'm gonna have a 30 days of pantang. 20 April + 30 days, ahhhh - you do the math. Hehehe! Instead of 44 days per Nur Amni.

I'm gonna be doing the socks thing throughout but not the kain-batik thing. My jersey cotton skirts were my best friends during my days in the ward and soon after at home. Since there was no episiotomy this time, wearing these skirts were actually a breeze. Also, since I'm not breastfeeding - a usual T-shirt is fine for my daily get-ups.

Speaking of breastfeeding, it was one of my biggest worry. Before I left the hospital, doctor prescribed me with Dostinex (I've mentioned about this before, Dostinex will lower down my prolactin to get back my period) to suppressed the milk from coming out. So with that and the cabbage trick shared by the nurses - Alhamdulillah, I don't have a problem with accidental lactation. After about 6 days, I was back in my pre-pregnancy bra :) (sorry if this is TMI. Heh!)

This also means, I don't have problem with my hair falling too. Yippee!

I ate like my pre-pregnancy meal but I was and still am very careful with portion. I put up with a lot of ulam, sup sayur, bayam rebus and grilled mackerel for days! I don't really choose my food - I just make sure they're healthy portioned, cooked through. I had eggs (but not many), the usual chicken - especially when there's no ayam kampung in the freezer and I was already tired of mackerel. This Ramadhan time especially, we have pretty good spread of food - I had them but I don't indulge.

I'm trying to get more active too. So far, I have been hitting the Move target daily - somewhat the same with my daily life at the office! But I want to do better, just that with this thing - I have to take it easy... Angkat2 barang berat pun tak boleh sebenarnya. I need all 6 weeks minimum to heal. Especially the inside (not just emotionally, but physically inside)

Before Acik Rose start the urut and tungku, I took care of myself. Alhamdulillah, without so much pain (down under) I managed. My bath was especially long... After urut and tungku, I had a day of really heavy bleeding - a big clot came out too! Yikes! I was afraid but also assured that it was normal (Dr. Tan brief me about these clots before we leave the hospital) On day 5, I felt so much lighter. My bloating problem was gone too.

Anyway... I think I did OK postpartum. We are closing week 3, I miss being pregnant - I had my moments of feeling sorry and guilty still but --- Allah Maha Mengetahui. Time will heal, insyaAllah...

No comments: