Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Review of My 2010

So today is the 11th day of the year of 2011. What have I achieved, as it is now only 345 days left? I was waiting for a big change; but somehow change has to come from within for me to feel the significance. As of 11th of 2011, I'm still the girl that I was in 2010 - whom I have a hate/love relationship with... Let's conclude the best of 2010! And I want to think that I have somehow throw away the bad ones minutes past 0001 HRS on 01.01.11 :)

The biggest achievement is of course, the UK/France trip! We covered London, Manchester and Paris with a wee bit of Bahrain. This was where I found out that my husband, like me - is also a shopaholic. I lost him in Marks and Spencer - he got a few items while I was trying to buy my brother's shirts. I don’t even have to describe Manchester because Manchester was awesome. We actually explored the city together - alone. With no maps, no travel books, just the love my husband has to the red devils! :) Love does lead the way, I guess. Huhu... MU Megastore brought a lot out of my husband – shopping manic. He wanted everything!
Together in front of the Old Trafford Stadium

Soaking wet with Mickey at Disneyland Paris

Besides that, I too had my dream of entering the world of Disney turned into a reality. It was a wonderful experience, and again this was also done alone - together. Except of course, a friend had to buy our train tickets but other than that, we did everything ourselves including purchasing the ticket in French online! And the ultimate shopping had to be the tote I've been eyeing at the biggest Louis Vuitton boutique in the world :) Bliss... The bag is under used because of the existence of others including the French made Longchamp

I guess to conclude, Manchester was my husband’s place while Paris was mine. And London – was a magic of itself; it became our favourite to-go-again trip, maybe soon. Bahrain was just a detour where we get to enjoy a tiny bit of the Middle Eastern life. All in all, I love the whole aspects of this holiday. I love the planning, the execution and the post-effect that still gives me that dying-to-go-again sensation. (This somehow leads to a few rounds of online shopping from UK sites!) – I bought something from ASOS which I don’t think would arrive prior to my birthday.

Up to the other highlights of the year 2010, let me just put them in bullet points, yeah?
  • If we could have saved all the money we put on Malaysia Airlines and Airasia – we could afford to travel to Spain & Italy 2011! (agaknye lah...) But it was all worth spending. I get to see my husband every weekend in Miri or Labuan..., attend important family gatherings, attend friends’ (Zalina's and Tahirah's) weddings, meeting other friends, etc.
Sajidah,Warniey, Tahirah, Azreen (yang sarat mengandung) and me with the happy couple
  • Both my parents are retirees now. I don’t know if that makes any difference to me & my life, but somehow I’m glad they are off work while their kids are trying to live the working lives now.
  • I actually enrolled to sewing class from February up to August before Ramadhan starts... I have tailored baju kurung, baju kurung pesak gantung, kebarung, long blouse, skirt, and kain for baju kurung. Izza actually invested in a new sewing machine out of this! I learned that they are so many websites that provide free patterns. I can’t wait to try them all!
  • I have finally applied officially to be transferred to Labuan. An opportunity arose and I just can’t sleep not to do anything about it! At the moment, the recruitment process are still in progress – it’s the takeover project
  • Mawarni and Sajidah paid me a visit in October. It was super fun! Brunei, Gua Niah and Miri with my besties. Worth taking 2 days annual leave definitely!!!
3 besties since way back - 1996 in Brunei and a Donkey Pump

Zukry joins us! The more, the merrier. Loving Muzium Petroleum, Canada Hill
  • Not only them, my family (exclusive of Abg - again) and Paklong, Maklong and Sree came too. They were here in Nov. And I was again delighted to play a host! Thanks to Visu and Uthes who lent me their cars... It was my third visit to Gua Niah when they came - but it was memorable. Can you imagine, in my 4 years in Miri, I have been to the Niah cave for 6 times already?! I could have been certified as a Forest Ranger for this :)
The kereta sewa that helped us to Niah and Brunei ! Missing in picture is Paklong, the official photographer...

An unplanned picture. This was taken in Brunei at the 1 billionth barrel of oil monument. Missing in picture was Mak who was really under the weather at the time...
  • On a total different and negative highlight of 2010 is that I too have gained more pounds than ever! That's quite obvious in those pictures. Haish... 2011, will be the year to shed them off; for more room for the baby coming on soon... Soon, insyaAllah
  • And finally; to end the beautiful year, I bought my own car. The booking / down payment is all mine and paid for prior to the year 2011. However, it is still on its way to Labuan, a place where I would want to stay with my husband soon...
I may have missed a few important events / highlights of the year, but never mind. Ape2 hal boleh update. Bukannya kluar kan news pun dak? Sekadar mengingatkan diri sendiri ape yang dah berlaku and how i should be grateful for the life I’m in now. Banyak2 masalah saya, masalah orang kat luar tu – taktaulah betapa hebatnya lagi agaknya... kan?

I may want to put up what to look forward to this 2011. In the mean time, let’s just have a beautiful weekend in KL, celebrating my birthday soon. Can’t wait for it!

No comments: