Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Celebrating 2020

Happy New Year !!! 




All I could think about today is our vacation is 23 days away. I have been in anticipation for 2020 mainly for the next trip away from home. This time, just us - Zukry, myself and Amni. 

I have also been waiting for 2020, secondly for my favourite month of the year - JANUARY. Turning another year on 14th, a Tuesday. But this time, I'm thinking about how closer I am to turning 40 - what I should be doing, the how-many things I should be bettering at before turning into another decade. SO MANY, that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed just thinking about it. But I think the list is a little bit more personal, I should be jotting them down somewhere else first and then, share my thoughts later... insyaAllah. 

We are leaving for Zurich, Switzerland in 3 weeks time. The first time for all 3 of us. 
I was in Switzerland in 2006 immediately after university, but at the time I spent a lot of my time at my aunt's place in Geneva. I get to travel around the other countries including the Eastern Europe, I get to cover a little bit of Croatia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Austria and Germany.

This time, we are covering Munich - Budapest - Vienna and then, spent longer time covering Switzerland mainly in the middle region... OMG, I have to start planning for the little details of this trip (stopped to ask Zukry to get his Deuter bag to measure against his idea of attaching the stroller onto the bag! It was big and heavy, and he proved my idea right. TQVM)

A lot other things will come my (our) way before reaching to that date. Work especially but I gotta choose more of my 'other' life. You have a good year OK. I will do the same here, insyaAllah.

No comments: