Sunday, April 8, 2018

Amni goes to play-school!

A quarter of year has passed.

Where did the time go.

I have been questioning my pace. Is 35 the new old? Urgh! 

Anyway, Amni went to a play school. Have I updated that already? Not in the blog! But yeah, Alhamdulillah we've been adjusting. Not yet there for Mommy, but Abah and Amni - they've had a pretty solid routine going on - strong! 

Mommy - been yoyo-ing. Much like her efforts to lose weight and maintain a healthier lifestyle. Ya Allah, I need help in this area. I really do. Please help me. Amin...

So, about the play school. After about 3 months, Amni has a lot of improvement especially in communicating with me. No more just pointing at things or bringing me to stuffs she wanted me to switch on, open, lift, etc. That's a huge plus point. As in the real life problem... COMMUNICATION is key!

She just had her first Sport's Day! That's right, a Sport's Day for a 32 months old. I wanted to say 3 years old - but she's not yet 3! She's still my baby... Yes, she is (soundly napping beside me at this moment - snoring) She participated! Despite knowing Mommy was somewhere around the area. Bravo Amni!

She waited patiently for her turn, went into the tunnel, walked into the squares carefully, pick up the egg with a spoon and run towards the teacher at the end of the line and drop the egg in! And then, she sat down waiting for her team to finish. Her team won the second place. Mommy were screaming her lungs out (no surprise there!), cheering for Amni!

Atok and TokMak came just in time and we waited until Amni received her prize. A Doraemon backpack! Tok Mak brought additional gifts - bubble pistol and a horn/trumpet for both Amni and Noh - who came too but at the very end though. So he didn't get to see the action!

Our everyday worry is that Amni is being picked up last at the play school. Abah said there was one time that happened. Haih~ She should be our priority, not work or anything else. 

But we can't pour water from a glass that is empty right? I have to care for myself too. It's a constant effort, trying to be a better mother / self. What's important is that we DO.
 

No comments: