Friday, June 8, 2012

Florence, Italy


I have maximum of a week persalinan. Our laundry spot was Venice. So Bravo Tini, I don't really need all the clothes in my wardrobe I guess. Hehehe. 

Everyone looks so intense in this pic including Zukry. The others were probably dreading work, Zukry on the other hand was watching a lame movie :)

It was indeed a beautiful sight. Much better than the hustle and bustle of Rome which I think have nothing but the ruins to be proud of.

I have only 3 things that I would like to fulfill here in Florence. 1 is to really see the Duomo. What was it about, as the last time I was here in 2006; it was Maghrib time and all I could remember seeing was a large crowd of youngsters loitering around the area. It was indeed the same thing now... The building was not preserved or was it in the process of preservation? So, I didn't miss anything much then I guess ;)





Sorbet to cool off :)



No 2 is to climb up to Piazzale Michelangelo and watch the sunset. I did it. In a maxi skirt and a pair of Adidas sandal! It was quite a climb BTW :) Berpeluh! The view, just like what was described in the reviews I read about the place. The perfect view of Florence and it's Tuscany countryside. The hills, the country houses, the Duomo from afar (significant from other buildings) with music sounded like Jason Mraz-ish (there's this guy selling his music - serenading us) while sitting on a stairs canoodling with husbands/wives/bfs/gfs etc. enjoying the beauty of the city from an ascended view.




No 3 cost a me a fortune - that I have included in my budget BTW. To spend on a pair of Florence pride in fashion brand 'Salvatore Ferragamo' - a black pumps! I have done my research and decided on one particular shoe and all I got to do is enter the boutique. After much research on which shoe to buy, I didn't find out where the boutique is, just believing it's gotta be huge. So, Zukry did all the map stuffs and when we got to the place; I'm just this girl who grins and stomps her feet making rounds of trials in the pumps that she dream of. After 10 pairs of different sizes in two types patent and normal matte finish leather black pumps, I got the perfect pair and gleefully announce, 'yeay to first Ferragamo' to the salesperson who attended me - less than 2 mins after that, I accidentally dropped the bag containing the precious pumps on the floor, probably my way to say Arrivederci to the boutique :P





I want to remember these 3 things and my stay at Hotel Pensione Ferreti in Florence. After what was not a disaster, but not exactly fancy B&B in Rome; Hotel Ferreti (link here) was a nice experience. Located almost too near from the train station (Santa Maria Novella Stazione), we went a whole block to find the place! Thank you to free wifi service around the center of the city, we were brought back to the hotel. Greeted by a friendly face at the reception area, and "the world is little" as I was surprised that a group of Malaysian chinese were also registered at the same hotel :) 


Given a mighty heavy key, we were told that it needs to be given away to the reception if we are going out. The room was the exact picture as what was on their website. All white and a little green with curtain to match. We got a view of some of the small alleys in front of the hotel. A small sink in the room, a bed that was measured by cm in the description to notify us that although it's not queen size; it's not exactly single size too (Just enough for my big butt and Zukry's. Haha!) and a clean shared bathroom with rather interesting foot paddle to pump the water up at the sink! 







Breakfast was not included; but with additional 5€/pax, the little cafe with self-service spread of breads and croissant, drinks, cereals with a quaint ambiance - I'd say it's an experience of a true Italian home breakfast :) 






We had our dinner and lunch there too, tried the variety of vegetarian and seafood pasta but there were not to our liking somehow... Not worth the highlight - boleh tak? :P



See you in Venice, Italy


No comments: