Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why We Went for a Getaway in London

Good evening readers.

I was fallen into sleep right after I came back from work... Awaken by an SMS from husband, now I feel like I can't sleep. Hopefully just for a little while longer. I need to get up early tomorrow! I must! Early means, maximum - at 0600 Hours. Thank you :)

OK, to let out of my system - I want to tell you how we ended up having a getaway to London (again). We were there for THE HONEYMOON in 2010, not that long ago - and at that time I remember agreeing with Zukry that we should do London again... if time and all other things permit. So, if I can stay sane for the next 20 minutes, I should be able to finish this write up. Oh, and I haven't been writing properly in my journal about this, so might as well...

It came about when Zukry received a notification email from Airasia regarding its change on London Airport from Stansted to Gatwick; where it came with promotion priced ticket! I think a what was offered was RM599++ (I think!) So, he calculated two tickets with food & luggage, it came about to RM 2400ish / pax. He got excited, PM-ed me about it. Well, I can't say NO when the husband had already suggested it, can I? :P

But the price increase a bit the next day, Zukry was then unsure. Taklah byk sgt... about RM100+. So he was contemplating. He was giving all sort of other reasons, we should not take up the "GOING" decision. It's too fast, we had our Kinabalu and Singapore trips, we had this, that... nak balik KL, kampung and macam2 others lah. So I provoked :P (The ticket we got for Gulf Air in 2010 was RM3300ish rasanya)

"Ha, tak berani lah tu nak take chances. Beli jelah... We'll sort out other stuffs. I dare you"
(Lebih kurang lah. Note that I called him at his office to say this!)

On the same day, he bought the tickets. Total of RM 2600/pax. He arranged the food so that one would get an international dish while the other a Malaysian ones. For return, twice servings per flight. Luggage, he brilliantly added 15 Kg for the return ticket. This happened with very minimal Teeny's advice :) A big lesson learnt from our 2010 trip :) He knows which means he too contributed in the shopping department. Hehehe...

OK, tu jelah. I may not have write this up so dramatically as it happened. But it happened. We bought the ticket in October. Had a big Excel File of our planning.
  • A tab for schedule - down to what to wear daily, which I only filled up to 3rd day... the remaining days I was supposed to be wearing things that I bought on 1-2-3 day. Hihihi.
  • A tab for things we have bought. Example: Train tickets like Gatwick Express (similar to our ERL), National rail tickets for our trip to Oxford & Bicester Town (for Bicester Village), Musicals ticket that we bought online too etc.
  • A tab on things we should be consider like Ice Skating at Winter Wonderland Hyde Park...
  • A tab for budget. What we have paid earlier, what we have to pay... and a little table for my shopping which include one luxury item that I finally decided not to use.
To make it all more exciting, Zukry won a trip to London exactly 2 weeks before our planned trip happen. So it was a good preparation where he get to advise on whether I could tolerate the weather, how long it takes from Gatwick to Victoria, getting around Bayswater cause that's where he stayed, etc.

Best, kan? I think so too ;)

No comments: