Sunday, December 12, 2010

Personal Review on Maysaa Scarves

Here a little review on the recent purchase of Chiffon Scarf Snood and Satin Wrap Band Snood at Maysaa.

First up is the purchase process. When I received notification that the delivery cost is reduced, I don't waste much time but to just get to the page and bought these two almost immediately. You see, it was at GBP15 but reduced to GBP 2.95! Some bloggers I bumped into bought in bulk to avoid the delivery fees all together, but I waited for this discount apparently. So that's one plus!

Then, I received a notification saying that it's already on its way after about 2 days only! I was in KL at that time, so there's nothing much I can do - but it was fast. Posted via City Link to my humble Senadin's house. When I receive the note, I knew I just had to pick them up immediately...

The package was as below. Neatly wrap in a thin white paper with Maysaa's sticker to secure the package - this is inside a box decorated with wrap-around black ribbon! I was over the moon when I saw it, couldn't wait but to take picture inside the car. (Then, an SUV honking wanted to take my parking space, so the moment was ruined! pfft!)

The box has somewhat crumple into that. But see how it was nicely put together...

So, the try out. I wore both of them on Thursday and Friday (I just couldn't wait any more...) The Satin Wrap was meant for inner scarf, which I wore with another scarf. The effect was like wearing normal scarf without any inner scarf with awning, but somewhat elegant because of the effect of the slick satin (This is all my personal view yeah, people may disagree :P)

How to wear? I actually had to find where I should head on. Definitely a unique piece, exclusive thus, the price is definitely worth the design. Both came with a zip behind, which was clever because it secure the position of the scarf and give a full cover of the neck - even in windy day, i bet the scarf will remain at its supposed position.

But the zip has its downside, when my hair tends to get stuck in between, ouch! I wonder if the others wear 'serkup' inside to avoid this. I even send out that question to Yuna about this. (Yes, i was that excited!) I guess a neat ponytail should do it. What's with a serkup with another inner? Double security? NOT! But that is what I usually do when I wear my awning inner... hmmm.


That's the zip that I described. In the picture I wore the usual serkup to cover the hair only... The scarf is complete with Maysaa tag with direction for care. BTW, it's made in China.

Here's a picture of yours truly wearing the Satin Wrap with a cotton shawl in a very loose way with two pins on the head. As usual, I thought this is cool. Haha :)

Nevermind that, the chiffon scarf as shown in Maysaa, comes in 2 style. One when you can actually let the chiffon part cover your chest or let it loose to the side, which i think is awesome too! I'm not sure if I would be doing this style, but I bet I will. If not now, soon...

Awesome kan? I think this can pull a formal and casual look too right? Not sure if I'm that daring to be wearing this style to the office. Below is the normal style - which resembles Siti's style - but hers is without the inner~


So that's that. I am a really happy customer. Maysaa has also a return policy even up to if "the style doesn't suit"! Not because of size, quality, but the style too... Huhu.

P/S: Tahirah, if you're reading this - seriously a big shout to Hana & Yuna at their event tomorrow all the way from Miri!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! cantiknya.maysaa scarves ni ptt ade b4 akak kawin.ish3.sian akak.haha.nt nak tgk.bawak balik kl!

from:adikmu yang gorgeous.

Tahirah A. said...

Teenyyyyy...I'm soooooo gonna get the scarves tomorrow!!!!..if they're selling it la..harap2

Wish u ada kat KL..kalau tak mesti kita boleh pg sama2..

Teeny said...

Baby Gorjes, akak takpham motif comment. Ape kena mengena dgn kahwin again? And why kesian?

Tahirah, I nak ikot! Tp apakan daya. Kemsalam tau. kalo ada yg best, call me! Hehehe. I tmpang kat U.

Anonymous said...

they're awesome right? i'm loving mine too!!

Teeny said...

Yes they are awesome coffeecart! :) thanks for dropping by!

Syahrita Herlin said...

cantik..how to use th scarf which the neck showing?i want to do that

Sharz said...

suke scarf nie...kalau convert duet malaysia berape satu??? total semua sekali..ingat nak beli satu.. =p

Teeny said...

Hi Shinhaein, which look are you referring to? the one with the grey scarf? I think, that was from a tutorial in youtube :) Pin the shorter side underneath the other side, and then hang loose the longer side to the back - and secure with another pin. That's all... :)

Hi Sharz, i bought both scarfs at about RM170 inclusive of shipping which was charged cheaper now, only at GBP 2.95 (if not mistaken)

Totally recommended! :) Thanks for dropping by!

Sharz said...

thanks harteeny..kalau ade jual kat sini kan besh.. =)

Anonymous said...

okay ive been wanting to figure this out.

so the chiffon snood, does it come with the inner inside? or technically ud have to purchase both the satin and the chiffon snood together?

Teeny said...

There's two if you could refer to their website. One just the inner while the other comes with a chiffon hang loose for you to style in up :) go grab them. Heard they'll come in different colors soon!

Unknown said...

hi! saya tkpenah shopping barang overseas mcm ni..dan saya rasa scarve tu out of stock.mcm mane ye?

Teeny said...

nurulhuda, i believe there are out of stock now. and according to the facebook account, they are now restock with new colors too. Guess, you just got to wait for the new ones! :)
The process of purchasing them from the web is quite easy and insyaAllah safe too...

mytOme bOutique said...

hi kak! brp hengget inc. pOstage?
best x kak?