Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ramadhan, so far so good.

Fasting away from family is not something new to me. I’ve always faced this when I was still studying in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Mum would call to check the menu for the day. Or Mizan/Baby would call to brag about the cool and happening places they went for Buka Puasa. It’s not getting on to me anymore. I’m used to that :)

Here in Miri, it’s more or less the same as what I used to have in UTM. Instead of going to class, of course I have to go to work everyday. It’s been only two days working while fasting, well the first was OK but the second one – last Friday. Aduh! Pening kepala dong!!!

It hit me that this is my first time berpuasa di alam pekerjaan! :) takdelah gempak ke ape. But yeah, last year I was at home making a big fuss about why PETRONAS is still not calling?! But this year, hey; I’m there already. Of course, the responsibility to give duit raya pulak yang haunts me. Berapa I should giveaway agaknyer? :P sepupu lain, dua pupu lain, jiran lain, anak sedara lain, cucu sedara pun ada! Aduh… anak2 kawan mak yang datang raya nak kasik jugak ke? Kuang3x… banyak tuh!

I’ve never been to any pasar Ramadhan here in Miri. There’s one in Lutong but I usually malas nak park kereta. Hehe. And I’m sure at Seberkas (Tapak Pasar Malam) is packed with people everyday! Dahlah bulatan besar tu pun selallu jam, tambah lagi sesak nak gie pasar Ramadhan. See, kat Miri pun ada JAM! We should also get waktu bekerja yang pendek like those in Klang Valley. Hehe…

Solat tarawih is at Masjid Lutong. Macam2 orang ada. Expatriate from Petronas and Shell. And of course the locals. Selawat after tarawih dia berbeza sket. I know it’s the same thing like in KL but panjang sket. So, I just senyap instead of menyahut. I like the lagu of the selawat tarawih tu. I don’t know about other Masjid, tak pernah gie tempat lain lagi.

I’m going to spend the whole Ramadhan here. I only get one day berbuka puasa with family on the last day of puasa. I’m sure Mak is already cooking Raya dish my that day. So I miss all the nice lauk mak masak… Mak sure masak everyday. Unlike the normal busy she has before, Bapak is always early I supposed. Nak catch solat tarawih lagi. I know what their schedule since I was home last year all month long. And to tell you truth, I was not helping in the kitchen dept pun. Setakat defreezing chicken/ikan/daging tu adalah. :P haha!

And of course, one more thing; last year was about preparing new look for the house. Mak tempah langsir baru from Aunty Normah. Which is just fabulous. And I help to choose the new sofa for the house! This year, don’t know who is going to help Mak with that…

Oklah, tibe2 semangat nak balik pulak. Padahal baru nak masuk 4 days fasting. Apelah! Good Morning, people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's called thawing la my dear friend. not defreezing. jangan marah.

btw, u makan apa hari -hari untuk berbuka?

Mohd Syafei Ahmad said...

nice story there.. so dah ponteng puasa.. i pun ex UTM grad gak.. may i link your blog with mine?

Teeny said...

i got u haniff. thanks.

welcome whitelighter.
not an avid blogger. tapi kalau semangat tu, adalah isinye. :)